- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil.
- Arrange mango slices in a single layer in the prepared pan. Broil until browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. Squeeze lime wedges over the broiled mango and serve.
Tips for Cutting a Mango
- Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
- Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
- Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
Per serving: 69 calories; 0 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 167 mg potassium
Give this a try or let us know about your own ideas for healthy dessert!!